Search marketing is a fast-changing business, search engines will change their algorithm from time to time. TG was lucky enough to find a couple of mentors who show the ropes and pointed the way to do search engine optimization (SEO). Through sharing, they tell TG a few tips that still always prevail and be effective in raising our site ranking. The first part we will discuss is ‘Texts used on inbound link’
- These texts are of the most peculiar and paramount to determine where to rank a website in Google. It’s highly recommended to be keyword specific, always use the most targeted keyword phrase
- The rule of thumb is to ”use what people search for”.
- Said easier than Done! TG reckons that Google Insights is a great tool for search keywords, which can compare search volume patterns across specific regions, categories, and time frames. In this example, TG searches for Nike Shoes, Nike basket ball shoes and Nike sports shoes. The outcome is “Nike Shoes” takes the first lead, most users use it for keyword search in China dated back from 2004.
- Google recommends 100 links per page max – ”There should be a reason for link to be on a page”
- It’s also recommended that our inbound link should be consistent with the page title it directs to so that Google would not get confused by the naming convention. The following screenshot acquired from Yahoo! Shopping shows the links and its referring page is consistent
- SEO starter: Good usability means good search engine optimization
- SEO starter: Introduce Nofollow tag
- Let Google and Yahoo find your site