China premier search engine Baidu (百度) spreads her wing to internet TV by forking out US$15 million to acquire 8.3 percent stake in UiTV. Users have to install UiPlayer to view the movie online or they can save it for viewing offline.
The investment will strengthen its movie channel - movie.baidu.com. The movie channel (影视) will allow users to download Canton and Korean pop music video, Japanese animation, Hollywood-made movies and television soap drama with the approval from copyright holders. Among all those are said to be Hong Kong listed company TVB and Enlight.
TG tried one of the preview movie this morning, it was fairly slow and jaggy. Why don’t you give it a try yourself? The movie channel also displays a weekly ranking for you to choose from.
- Baidu ramps up C2C platform
- Who’re the big boys in China C2C marketplace?
- Baidu(百度) builds a strong case for C2C marketplace
- Titantic crash – Baidu Hi and Alibaba Ali Wan Wan(阿里旺旺)
- China Digital Music A8 begins trading in Hong Kong Stock Exchange