Google+ (Business) Page is very similar to Google + in many ways – a place for real-life sharing. We try it out and want to see to what extent we can make use of it. We come up with a few observations as follows in our first several rounds of trial and error:
1. Unlike Facebook, Google places special emphasis on building up a photo album in Google+ page. It is designed to be a visual marketing tool for online marketers who can easily engage conversations with their users, customers through uploading photos, images, charts or slides.
2. Photo images can be tagged or edited in this round of launch. Instead of being a photo up-loader, it allows users to apply filters, adjust exposure, colorize etc. Google says it prefers to see a lot of photos on Google+ Page
3. Customized links are useful to let incoming users to understand business better. Google+ Pages allow us to insert links on “About” page, users will be able to see our family links in one page
4. Unfortunately we cannot see a customized url for businesses or brands. Google+ business page still carries a long and crappy url
5. Google Direct Connect is a key feature of this round of Google+ Page launch. We embedded the code in our site. Google says not every site owner would be able to see the “+sitename” effectively soon. We need to promote them through our blogs, SNS channels and regular website. So far, we won’t be see it happens in ours. Yet we see it happens on ABC news, Angry Bird, Amazon etc..
7. While doing search, our optimization enables users to see our Google+ page in search results
A few further reading recommended: 4 Excellent Examples of Creative Google+ Business Pages , Google Direct Connect Hooks Search and Google+ Pages Together, The Alphabet of Google+ Direct Connect,